Friday afternoon a problem came to my attention with our SEO Tools plugin, but it was only for the pro version, which our paid members use. It seems that WordPress changed the way they go about letting you update plugins which are not downloaded through their repository .
We knew that the free version of our SEO Tools tested fine with WP 3.9, and I assumed the paid version did too, but I was wrong. Instead, all of the tools, from the keyword multiplier to the bulk response checker were 100% invisible… Yikes!
This is the immediate fix:
- Go to the WP admin and ensure that the Pro version is disabled.
- Go to your hosting file manager or ftp
- Navigate to your plugin folder: /wp-content/plugins/ and locate /seo-automatic-seo-tools-pro
- Remove the .tmp at the end of the folder name
- Go back to WP Admin and re-enable the plugin.
We’ll get this all patched up, and future upgrades should go smoothly, and thanks to +Daniel Sanchez for being the first to report the problem